Advent calendar: Laura Jordan
Today, our very special guest is Laura Jordan, Head of Art at Glue London.
1) Which is the digital project that impressed you more this year and why?
I absolutely love Get the Glass – it did the unthinkable and really ate at my time…
2) In your job, which is the most important thing you learnt this year?
That you need to be totally committed to research and development – you need take on an exploratory attitude in order to remain sharp. Also, that change is the lifeblood of our industry and you have to embrace it…
3) As a digital marketer/creative person what’s on top of your agenda for 2008?
Top of my list for 2008 is to make sure we stay focussed on ideas… but in terms of media/execution the world of physical computing really excites me!
4) What, in your opinion, will be a killer application / key trend in interactive marketing in 2008?
We’re seeing a huge swing towards deeply interactive video work – the kind of thing we produce at Superglue for example, and away from traditional banners etc.
5) Which book would you give as a Christmas present to Adverblog’s readers?
I still love some of the oldies – “A Smile in the Mind” for example, but maybe some good Japanese fiction? Maybe one of Haruki Murakami’s earlier books like “A Wild Sheep Chase”… or David Lynch’s new book on transcendental meditation… And “How to be a Graphic Designer WIthout Losing Your Soul” is a must-have for anyone in the first few years of their career!