Digital advertising and marketing: only the best ideas worldwide, since 2003

Unload

November 18, 2008 at 10:23 by Mark Comments

I LOVE the idea behind Farfar’s new site for Nokia – The Unloader. The problem is that the first five files I tried failed as they were not compatible. Shame. I tried a .xls a .swf a .vsd etc but only had success with a .doc and a .pdf etc… Hope you have more luck. If you make something like this make sure it accepts all extensions as the user will just run away otherwise.
no3.jpg
wrong.jpg

11 Responses to Unload

1. Thomas says:

Printing an .FLA file? Sounds like trying to print an .EXE :)

2. tom says:

nothing worked at all

3. paul jason says:

Am I missing something or did nothing work?! Ah hah! Maybe that’s the point? Er… maybe not?!

4. Tom says:

I would have loved it if it was done for real, and your doc was actually printed and destroyed and you watched it live. I guess that was the initial idea.
    This pre-filmed, clearly faked version is a bit meh.

5. bob says:

I tried to upload a JPG but got a similar message. Perhaps just a glitch?

6. bob says:

I tried to upload a JPG but got a similar message. Perhaps just a glitch?

7. Kathryn says:

I definitely agree that this is fantastic idea. Using viral campaigns are so popular right now and personalizing anything is sure to draw in tons of attention. However, it’s just not worth it to me to wait for this to load when you can only briefly see the document title (at least for the shredder option). Otherwise it just looked like I was watching a show on How It’s Made, or something equally dull. But, I do love this idea. It reminded me of the AARP Vote ’08 campaign. Personalized videos and the option of sending them out to friends with their names on them too. Very funny.

8. Jimme says:

But doesnt it say that you only can upload xcl and pdf-files? Why try to upload other files then?

9. Rog says:

What a bummer! Such a fun idea, but not a single file I uploaded worked! I tried several .DOC, .XLS, .PDF, and .PPT — but not a single one went through. Why would they leave this site up when it’s like this?

10. Kara says:

I think the idea behind the site is pretty cool and could get a lot of consumers interested in Nokia. But the site takes forever to download. I mean, in the beginning I had to wait at least 3-4 minutes for the first screen to load, and even longer when I tried to upload my document. It’s a good idea, it just needs little more work.

11. Seth says:

It’s absolutely useless. Wouldn’t accept tiny jpegs or standard word documents. What a waste of a concept.

Advertise here