Advent calendar: Martin Cedergren
Time to start moving South today… from the UK we flight to The Netherlands, to meet Martin Cedergren, Executive Creative Director at AKQA Amsterdam.
1) Which is the digital project that impressed you more this year and why?
My favorite pick is the very smart idea that Jung von Matt, Germany did for SIXT. In a time when the web is flooded with flash sites it’s a big relief to see such an innovative approach.
2) In your job, which is the most important thing you learnt this year?
Maximize it! If you are going to do an experince, do it all the way. Make people cry for more. Or if you are going to do functionality, make it super simple and very easy to use. Everything in between belongs to the trash can!
3) As a digital marketer/creative person what’s on top of your agenda for 2008?
Unite the real world with the virtual one. Or vice versa!
4) What, in your opinion, will be a killer application / key trend in interactive marketing in 2008?
Again, the companies that will offer a real/digital combinated experience will be the winners. Nintendo Wii Fit is a good example of that. There will be a commercial approach coming up next year for sure.
5) Which book would you give as a Christmas present to Adverblog’s readers?
Touching from a Distance. Read before watching the superb movie Control by Anton Corbijn