Sharing on the web. How, when and what time do people do it?
Who shares your links? Where? What day and time are people more likely to share? Bookmarking and sharing service AddThis may well have the answers, analyzing five years of sharing data from their 1.2billion users.
Here’s some highlights:
- 9:30am EST is the peak hour for sharing (Or in the UK that’s 2.30pm)
- Wednesdays are the peak days for sharing
- The most users click on content two minutes after it’s shared
- 75% of clicks happen in the first 24 hours.
- Sharing by copying and pasting URLs directly from the address bar to emails or other social channels can be up to 10X more than from sharing tools.
Much more in the infographic below. How do you prefer to share content online?