We Believe – The Australian Paralympic Commitee
In a sports mad nation, the Australian Paralympic Team is one of their most successful, but least known teams. Their governing body faced a critical funding shortfall for both the 2014 Sochi Games and Rio 2016, with much of their government and corporate funding already committed to education and talent identification. The Solution – We Believe: it takes a lot of self-belief to make it as an elite sportsperson, but for a Paralympian, that only takes you part of the way. This campaign rallied Australia behind the team, and provided a platform that could extend to Rio.
You can check out the website here.
• Exceeded launch fundraising target by close to 50% in the first two months.
• Reached the new audience the team wanted, with 75% of site visitation new users.
• Achieved national trending status on social media – a first for the team.
• Received unprecedented levels of media coverage outside an actual Paralympics.
• Highly engaged corporate sponsors, with Qantas also leveraging the campaign.
Executive Creative Director – David Bell
Creative Group Head – Simon Bloomfield
Art Director – Paul Critchley
Art Director – Sarah Straker
Copywriter – Shelley Dodd
Digital Designer – Dan Fowler
Executive Producer – Lucy Wallrock
Executive Producer – Scott Portelli
Senior Web Developer – Aimee Maree Forsstrom
Photographer – Steve Greenaway, Pomegranate
Photographer – Michael Kennedy, Michael Kennedy Photography
Retouching – Limehouse Creative